Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cover letter


Dear Potential Employer,
My name is Jasmine Stein, and I recently graduated from Purdue University with a degree in Mass Communication and Journalistic writing, and a minor in Business Management and marketing. My future career goals are exstensive, but I plan to lead a successful career in publishing, and devote a large portion of my life to writing, and constantly learning. below is a compilation of both published and unpublished clips ranging from music reviews, to 2008 presidential campaign coverage.

Over the past few years, I have spent time working across several different publishing platforms including writing, editing, digital, marketing, fashion, sales & PR. This summer I interned at Essence magazine at Time Inc., where I was able to hone in on my analytical skills in departmental sales, connect with my creativity in integrated marketing, and work on structure and planning in promotional marketing, experiencing all that corporate marketing in publishing has to offer. I was able to work exstensively on the Essence Music Festival. I also contributed to several marketing and sales campaigns in travel, beauty and lifestyle categories.

Before I left Purdue University, I was able to write as a full-time reporter for the daily Exponent, as well as serve as the Features department editor. I also held several other leadership roles in a vast range of organizations. A few months ago, i returned from a 6 month study abroad stint in Cairo, Egypt studying journalism and creative writing in the Middle East. I feel confident that I am ready to take on a full-time role in a challenging and demanding environment, where I can utilize my already acquired skills, and obsorb the expertise from the intelligent professionals around me.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Jasmine Marie stein

No comments:

Post a Comment